Composites VS Amalgam/Mercury Fillings
Here at The Center For Natural Dentistry we are dedicated to providing the highest quality of dental care possible for our patients. This includes filling cavities with white composite material only (as opposed to mercury containing amalgam fillings).
The average amalgam is 50% mercury bonded to 30% silver and a bit of copper, tin, and zinc.
We, at The Center For Natural Dentistry, do not use amalgams for the following reasons:
1. A tooth colored filling is stronger because it actually bonds to your tooth. The composite bonds all the remaining walls of the tooth together. Because amalgams do not bond to tooth structure, there is a gap between the filling and the tooth, which significantly decreases the strength of the tooth. This gap provides a pathway for bacteria and acids to get into and cause further decay.
2. Amalgam fillings expand and contract so much, they create a wedge in the tooth leading to a weakened tooth structure. The tooth, over time will eventually break apart and the only thing remaining in your mouth will be the filling.
3. Silver fillings are ugly. We like to give people beautiful teeth.
Currently insurance companies cover 80% of amalgam fillings but do not cover 80% of composite fillings. Although we realize there is an increased cost to our patient, we feel that the quality of dental care associated with composite fillings greatly outweighs the added cost incurred.
The Center For Natural Dentistry will always offer our patients leading edge technology with a caring and professional attitude. We will only recommend to you what is best for your dental health and what we provide for our families and ourselves.
There are 2-3 biodentists or biological or natural or holistic denstists in Mumbai. Has anybody been to any one of them. Its been more than 2 years since some of your inquiries. Help a brother out with your experience.
Please note my email id is email@example.com
Guys, Any luck locating a reliable holistic dentist in Mumbai?
Hey Doc i have few amalgam filled tooth to remove from a holistic /biodentist in mumbai ,india . do u know of anyone .kindly let me know . thanks .
Hi Dr Marvin,
I am Desperately looking for holistic dentist in Mumbai India.I just found one address on Internet (On talkinternational site).
What are your suggestions ? Can I trust them ? How do i cross check whether the are into holitic/mercury free/ natural dentistry ? Please Help.
God Bless You
Jyoti, the best thing you can do is call them and ask questions. The questions they give in regards to their protection protocol, the procedures they will and will not do, etc. will be the best gauge of how holistic the practice is.
I am Amit from Dadar,Mumbai. I am also suffering from root canal problems. Did you happen to find a biological dentist in Mumbai ? If yes,Please let me know.
Dear Dr. Marvin,
Hello! My 9 year old son has had 2 root canal procedures done in the last 6 months.
1. Is there any holistic treatment to reverse the damage done?
2. Can you recommend any holistic dentist in the city of Mumbai, India?
Thank you very much for your help.
Hi Anand, the best way to reverse the treatment is actually to pull the treated teeth. That will remove any and all bacteria currently in the tooth and prevent future damage.
As for holistic dentists in Mumbai, I’m not sure. A quick Google search for holistic dentist in Mumbai should help (you can also search for “natural dentist” and “biological dentist”)
Good luck to you and your son!
I am Amit from Mumbai. I am also suffering from root canal problems. Did you happen to find a biological dentist in Mumbai ? If yes,Please let me know.